There is a multitude of letting agents in Luton, but there are only a few who are actually worth considering as the ‘right letting agent’.
We would encourage you to learn about the agent you decide to go for, so we recommend reading as many articles and watching as many videos as possible when it comes to making your decision on the right letting agent for you.
We believe clear communication and transparency are the best policies when it comes to building trust with your ideal client, so we want you to know everything about us so that there is possible to know about the right letting agent.
As well as what you will learn about us from our website and online, here are another 5 things you should know about us, and whether we’re the right letting agent for you!
1. We are a small company
That’s right, we are a small, yet nimble and efficient company.
It reminds of me a book called called “Small Giants: Companies that Choose to be Great Instead of Big – by Bo Burlingham”.
In the book, he speaks about how there are many companies in the world that deliberately choose to remain small comparatively in order to give the best personalist experience to their clients.
Large in size doesn’t always mean competence, and although large companies are great, often clients start to get treated just another number.
Hence for us, our focus is the personalised service we provide to try and ensure we’re the right letting agent for the right type of client.
2. We work on QUALITY rather than QUANTITY
Our focus is on getting the right tenant for the right landlord – so why shouldn’t you look for the right letting agent?
Therefore, when checking our available properties list, you will notice that we tend to limit the number of properties we advertise at any given time.
We want to ensure your property gets dedicated attention rather than it being one of the many properties a member of staff must get rented out.
Although it is common practice in the industry to list properties that aren’t available just to get the phone ringing, we noticed that this wastes a lot of precious time that we could be spending answering genuine enquiries from tenants who actually call for your property specifically.
3. We only take on a certain number of properties each month
As briefly mentioned above, our focus is on getting quality landlords onboard as opposed to focusing on quantity.
We occasionally turn down business if we feel that we aren’t the right fit for each other.
4. We aren’t the most expensive, but we aren’t the cheapest either.
Typically, agents charge anywhere between 10% to 16% for a standard management service and up to 1 month’s rent for a tenant find service.
We sit perfectly in between that. When looking around at choosing the right letting agent to represent you, it is important to remember that you are handing over a highly valuable asset.
- Cheapest isn’t always the best option, especially with an asset so high in value, it isn’t worth saving a few pennies.
- You get what you pay for. You will get a sensible service if you choose an agent with a sensible fee. There are certain agents in Luton that offer crazy low fees such as 5%, but it is so important to reflect on why some companies have to offer crazy low prices to attract customers. Why are people staying clear of these agents unless they offer crazy low fees? Something worth thinking about.
- Reviews speak for themselves… You either want the cheapest, or you want the best, it simply isn’t possible to have both. This is where landlords look into reviews to see what others have experienced with the same company, as reviews showcase the level of quality a company delivers constantly and consistently. Would you buy engine oil from Amazon that is £10 and has only 6 reviews? Or would you spend extra and buy one for £20 that has over 1450 reviews on it? The first one will likely explode your engine. The second one will likely do what it was supposed to do as it’s been tried, trusted, and recommended by so many people.
- Amazon VS eBay. An out-of-the-box example, when thinking of Amazon words that come to minds such as convenience, easy returns, helpful customer service, helpful reviews, trustworthiness, and reliability. But when thinking about eBay words come to mind such as risky, unreliable, faulty, scam, difficult returns, weak buyer protection, doubtful, and so on. One is premium and one is cheap for a reason. Similarly, with letting agents, they are premium ones and there are cheap ones. The one you choose depends on your budget and the level of convenience you are after.
Having said that, not everyone is after the best they can get. Some just want the cheapest solution which is why they choose a cheaper alternative which is fully understandable.
But if you are someone who wants the best, be assured that the fee a reputable company charges will always translate to more convenience and higher rental income.
Conclusion – Are we the right letting agent for you?
Those were the 4 things we want you to know about us so that you can be sure if we are the right letting agent for you, or not.
If there is anything we haven’t covered here, feel free to reach out to our friendly team and we will be happy to answer your questions about your thoughts on what the right letting agent should do.